Your account should represent you, and you should be the only person who has access to it. If someone gains access to your account, or creates an account to pretend to be you or someone else, Facebook’s team could help but you need to help yourself first.
If you think your account has been hacked or taken over, you should visit this link https://web.facebook.com/hacked to secure your account. From there, you’ll be asked you to change your password and review recent login activity.
Your account may have been hacked if you notice:
- Your email or password have changed
- Your name or birthday have changed
- Friend requests have been sent to people you don’t know
- Messages have been sent that you didn’t write
- Posts have been made that you didn’t create
So, here’s how to secure your Facebook Account by changing your password
On Your Application
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Select the Menu ☰ button located at the upper-right corner.
- Scroll down and select “Account settings“.
- Choose “Security and Login”.
- Scroll down and select “Change Password“.
- Fill in the “Current password”, “New password” and “Re-type New password” fields.
- Select the “Save changes” button when you’re done.
On Your Browser
- Log in your Facebook account details
- Click in the top right corner of any Facebook page
- On the drop down menu, select “Settings”
- Click on “Security and Login” on the left hand side of the pop up page.
- Under “Login” click on “Edit” at the right-hand of “Change password”
- Fill in the “Current”, “New” and “Retype New” fields. Current is your current password, New is the new password you want to change your current to and Retype New means you should retype that your new password.
- Click on “Save Changes”.
We believe and hope that this post was helpful to you, kindly show your support by sharing it with your families, friends, acquaintances, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Gist9ja administrator.
The blog posts and other contents on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] / [admin(at)gist9ja.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.