READ: Download UC Browser – Free download
Opera mini is a web browser that was derived from the Opera web browser that was used on personal computers, which has been made public and available to users since 1996. The history of Opera Mini goes down to a pilot project in 2004. Opera mini was officially launched worldwide on the 24th of January 2006 after limited releases in Europe.
Opera Mini has grown in popularity over the years due to its easy designs and easy to use features on smartphones, mobile phones alongside other supported personal digital assistants. Other versions of the device, example the versions 4 opened doors for many other devices to be enabled, to use these features free of charge. Opera Mini widespread across various platforms and devices. As of February 2013, the app had a record well over 150 billion page views per month alongside 300 million active users and has continued to serve its users over the years.
Below are a few steps that will help you download the opera mini browser for any operating system platform of any kind from blackberry, Android, IOS respectively. This article will help understand significant unique features to this browser.
Download opera mini
- Here are a few easy steps one can follow to effectively on mobile platforms and Personal computers.
- First step, visit the link to access the opera Mini site www.operamini.com
- On the homepage, carefully click on ‘Download now’.
- Follow the laid down download procedures on the site step by step until you complete your opera mini software download.
- Welcome to a world of fast internet possibilites
READ: Download and sign up on IMO | Free IMO video call and IMO text
With the Browser already in your device, you’d want to know a few Opera Mini Browser features that aid you enjoy the browser for PCs And SmartPhones
Unique features of Opera Mini Browser
Opera Mini PC
- A unique feature of the opera mini is its scrolling, which usually is carried out by using arrow keys of the device one is using, a stylus or number keys.
- Display in this unique such that it can be toggled between landscape and portrait mode using keystrokes, although phones that have orientation sensors can make it switch automatically. The default orientation can be changed.
- Users can decide to alter image quality to their own taste as quality can be regulated to High, Medium or Low. The longer it takes for pages to load will determine the qulaity the image presents at the time, except that it can still be changed.
- The Opera Mini browser enables supports for just a single font,which can be switched to small, medium, large and Extra large sizes. Usually, if a user visits a certain web page that makes use of a generic monospaced font or Courier, that one font is still used, although the characters will definitely be spaced out such that each character would take up the same amount of space.
- Opera Mini web browsers have a well positioned search bar (finder bar), which can surf through different pre-configured search engines. Also, with this feature, the user can add more search engines. Default search engines for this browser are set at Google and Wikipedia.
- OM browser supports various skins, WFA (web feed aggregator) and can save download files, web pages for offline surfing and various bookmarks. The browser also keeps record of user’s browsing history.
- Since Opera Mobile Store was launched in March 20111, the speed Dial of OM browser is known to a display a shortcut to Opera’s mobile applications store.
Opera Mini has carried out advanced encrypted it connection between proxy servers and mobile devices for security and privacy since the 3.0. Encryption keys is usually obtained on the first basis by requesting and ensuring that the users press several random keys a stipulated number of times. The Opera Mini 3.0 basically does not support encryption and this has led to the company being criticized because it is believed that end to end security is not guranteed as other popular sites like paypal.com offer. When users visit a certain web page that’s encrypted, the Opera Software company’s servers decrypts this web page, then carries out a re-encrypting technique, therefore breaking end-to-end security.
This is why security is a source of concern, and this is a very relevant to various applications that require end to end security like Internet banking.
Opera Mini version 4 uses almost the same layout engine included in the Opera 9.5. Subsequently, this the version 4 Opera Mini supports most of the web standards supported in Opera 9.5. Unlike the desktop version of Opera, Opera Mini does not make provide support for Web Forms 2.0 and frames in this case are flattened due to client limitations, and the dotted/dashed borders are very much displayed as solid borders as a result if bandwidth and memory issues. Web pages are known to be reformatted on Opera Mini is known to reformat, which has not passed the Acid2 standards compliance test.
Opera Mini was built to correctly display right-to-left scripts such as Arabic and Hebrew in addition to languages written left-to-right, meaning it can support bi-directional text. However, it will not display right-to-left text if the font size is set to small or very small. Chinese scripts are supported on this browser supported if and only if a font appropriate appropriate enough is installed on the device as the default font. Opera Mini does not support italics hence does not display text in italic
Meanwhile, Below are a list of few more features that’ll casue your jaw to drop. This is just to provide you with a few hints on how you can make effective use of the application you’ve downloaded.
READ: Wechat download and Registration
Opera Mini free download
- Opera mini browser application is totally free.
- Opera mini is very much user-friendly.
- Opera mini is very much easy to access and use with all network connections.
- Opera mini provides fast loading of web pages and most importantly easy tabs management.
- Opera mini surely has new stylish and modern layout, including fonts that can be manipulated.
- Opera mini regularly updates and support multiple languages.
- With Opera mini, users can always retain browsed pages so that you can review them later.
- New versions of Opera mini available is compatible with other various platforms such as Opera Next and Opera Mail.
- Opera mini is a trusted web browsing service, free from virus, malicious content, attacks.
We believe and hope that this post was helpful to you, kindly show your support by sharing it with your families, friends, acquaintances, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Gist9ja administrator.
The blog posts and other contents on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] / [admin(at)gist9ja.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.