The ogbono give the soup a certain palatable coloration. The soup is characterized by other ingredients like palm oil, meat, seasonings such as chili pepper, leaf vegetables and other vegetables. Typical leaf vegetables include bitterleaf or celosia.
READ ALSO: How to use lemon to get rid of knee pain at home
It’s no more a question of Yes or No as to learning how to prepare this delicacy. We’ll quickly take you through the steps to getting your ogbono soup tasty and ready.
Below are few ingredients that will get you started on this special Nigerian meal.
- 1/2 cup dried- blended apon/ogbono
- 1/3 cup palm oil
- 2 cups warm water
- Choice or meat and fish (precooked)
- 2 cubes Knorr (bouillon cubes)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Table spoon dried pepper
- 1/4 cup blended crayfish
- leaf vegetables and other vegetables (bitterleaf)
How to Prepare Ogbono Soup
1. First, be sure to set a medium sized pot on medium heat
2. Add in the palm oil and allow to heat up for a while
3. When the oil is hot, add in the dried ogbono and with a cooking spoon continuously stir the mixture until you have a smooth paste
4. Incorporate the water into the paste bits at a time and continuously stir, the mixture will get thicker as you stir.
5. Continue until you have incorporated all the water
6. Add in the precooked meat, Knorr cubes, pepper, crayfish and salt all at once
7. Simmer for 4-6 minutes more
8. Add you leaf vegetables or other vegetables as preferred
9. Stir for a 2 minutes
10. Foods ready!
Your soup is ready to serve. You might love to know that this soup is best served with pounded yam
Certain people add Okra, Ugu or Bitter leaves to this soup. If using okra, prepare the okra separately and add it in just before the 7th step.
We believe and hope that this post was helpful to you, kindly show your support by sharing it with your families, friends, acquaintances, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Gist9ja administrator.
The blog posts and other contents on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] / [admin(at)gist9ja.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.