Editan Soup is the bitter leaf version of Afang soup. Its widely prepared and eaten in Nigerian eateries. This article addresses how to cook a sumptuous Editan Soup.
EDITAN SOUP REQUIREMENTS
- 4 medium size snails (optional)
- 1 large size smoked Fish
- 1 medium size stockfish head
- 8 medium pieces beef (optional)
- 2 cups periwinkle (in shell)
- 1 big bunch editan leaves
- 4 medium bunches water leaves
- 3 tablespoons crayfish (ground)
- 1 level tablespoon dry Pepper
- 4 cooking spoons palm oil
- 2 maggi Cubes
- 3 1½ litres Water
- Salt to taste
Editan Soup Preparation
- Wash, season and boil the stockfish together with the beef for about 45 minutes and set aside for use later. Wash and de-bone the fish.
- Pour boiling water on already cut and pounded editan leaves then, strain. Rinse the leaves thrice to reduce the bitterness. Pick and wash the waterleaves and cut into tiny pieces. Get rid of some of its water by squeezing a little bunch at a time between your palms.
- Periwinkle can be used either in the shell, which is the traditional way, or out of shell.Chop off the tail end of the Periwinkle with a large knife, wash thoroughly to remove all dirt, and mud.
- Add water leaves into the pot containing the meat and stockfish already placed on the burner.Stir,add fish, crayfish, pepper, water and maggi cubes and allow cooking for another 6 minutes. Stir and add the palm oil. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Editan leaves and cover the pot. Do not stir immediately after adding Editan leaves, then cook for 10-15 minutes but you can shake the pot to enable the leaves have an even spread. After 10-15 minutes, stir and taste the soup. Add salt if necessary, and cook for another 4 minutes.
Editan soup can be served with fufu & eba.
We believe and hope that this post was helpful to you, kindly show your support by sharing it with your families, friends, acquaintances, and relatives who might be in a dire need of this help-guide via Facebook, Twitter, as well as on Instagram platform using the social buttons on this page.
Copyright And Warning: Published contents (posts and media) on this blog may not be reproduced, redistributed, republished either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment from the Gist9ja administrator.
The blog posts and other contents on this blog is written and published with good intentions. If you own any of the content and believe that your copyright was violated or infringed, please ensure you contact us via [coolieecoldex(at)gmail.com] / [admin(at)gist9ja.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken with an immediate effect.